Makes: 12 - 15 energy balls
Both a source of quick energy and a nutritious bite, when you combine oats with peanut butter and chocolate chips, and then add Canada's finest maple syrup in with it, you're bound to hit greatness.
The natural oils and protein found in peanut butter ensure that these bites will fill you up and give your body the resources to get through the day. Meanwhile, the chocolate chips give us our chocolate fix without the added white sugar and calories of a candy bar.
Perhaps the best accenting piece? Walnuts, cranberries, and Canadian maple syrup make this piece sweet, but with a deeper taste profile. Walnuts help round out the flavour as the cranberries will add a nice tart touch to your palate.
One of the best parts? You can make these delicious bites in bulk and store them after—no more random snacking!
- 1 ¼ cups quick oats
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup dark chocolate drops
- ¼ cup dried cranberries chopped
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- In a large mixing bowl, add oats, maple syrup, peanut butter, and salt.
- Using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, stir until well combined.
- Sprinkle chocolate drops, cranberries, and walnuts into the maple energy ball base. Fold all the ingredients together until everything is evenly distributed.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a tablespoon portion your maple energy balls and roll into small balls.
- Place in a refrigerator for 1 - 2 hours. Once your maple energy balls are firm, move to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 - 7 days.
- Alternatively store in an airtight container in a freezer.