Maple Apple Nut Bread
Apple has been a base for cakes, breads, and sweets everywhere for millennia. The reason? It's provides a holistically sweet flavour while delivering a rounded, deep taste profile.
There are staples of taste that one simply cannot pass up on: apple, cinnamon, maple (syrup), and a little nutty finish. This led us to combining all of them into one beautiful, scrumptious recipe.
Our Maple Apple Nut Bread has the favourite flavour profiles of apple combined with the essentials of Escuminac 100% pure Canadian maple syrup, cinnamon, and a nutty accenting to the finish.
The result is a bread that is equally as enjoyable for breakfast as it is as a dessert after a nice meal. The flavours impart feelings of autumn, a warm fireplace, and the fine aromas of an apple orchard.
Maple Apple Nut Bread
- ½ cup butter softened
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 ½ cups green apple finely diced
Maple Cream Cheese Icing
- ¾ cup cream cheese room temperature
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 190 C / 375 F fanbake. Line a nonstick baking loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar together for 1 - 2 minutes, until light and fluffy. Add vanilla extract and egg. Stir thoroughly.
- Pour in maple syrup and milk, stir.
- In a separate bowl mix together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and cloves. Gently combine with the wet ingredients using a rubber spatula/wooden spoon.
- Fold pecans and apple into your mixture, until just combined. Pour into your prepared loaf tin and place in the oven.
- Bake for 50 - 60 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the middle is cooked through. If the top of your loaf starts to brown too much, cover with tin foil.
- Remove your loaf from the oven, cool inside the loaf pan for 10 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
- In the meantime, mix together cream cheese and maple syrup. Ice your Maple Apple Nut Loaf and drizzle with a little extra maple syrup.