Fall is the perfect season for savoring comforting treats that warm the heart. There's nothing like a delicious pumpkin-shaped brioche to celebrate this time of the year. And to make this recipe even more special, we'll be enhancing it with Escuminac maple butter, a true gem from the Quebec terroir. Get ready to delight your taste buds and impress your loved ones with this irresistible recipe!
For the brioche:
- 500 g of all-purpose flour
- 75 g of sugar
- 7 g of salt
- 10 g of active dry yeast
- 4 eggs
- 200 g of softened butter
- 1/2 cup of warm milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
For the filling:
- Escuminac maple butter (to taste)
1. Preparing the brioche dough: In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and salt. Add the active dry yeast, eggs, warm milk, and vanilla extract. Knead the dough for about 10 minutes until it's smooth and elastic. Incorporate the softened butter in several stages, kneading well after each addition. Cover the bowl with a clean cloth and let the dough rest in a warm place for about 1 hour or until it has doubled in size.
2. Shaping the pumpkin-shaped brioche: Once the dough has risen, gently deflate it by pressing down. Divide it into several small balls to form the body of the pumpkin and its "face" sections. Place these balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, assembling them to create the shape of a pumpkin. Leave some space between the balls so they can expand while baking.
3. Baking and finishing: Preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F). Bake the pumpkin-shaped brioche for approximately 25 to 30 minutes, or until it's golden brown and fully baked. Let it cool completely.
4. The final touch with Escuminac maple butter: Once it's cooled, gently melt the Escuminac maple butter in the microwave or in a small saucepan. Drizzle this delicious maple nectar over the brioche, creating beautiful streams, especially on the "face" sections for an even more striking visual effect. Lightly dust with powdered sugar for an extra touch of sweetness.
And there you have it; you've created a pumpkin-shaped brioche that will warm the hearts of your family during this autumn season! The Escuminac maple butter adds a unique touch of sweetness and creaminess to this recipe, making this treat a true homage to Quebec tradition. Serve this brioche for breakfast, brunch, or dessert, accompanied by a good cup of coffee or hot chocolate, and savor every bite of this must-try autumn delight. Enjoy!