Birch iced tea
We all can probably agree on a few critical ideas: Iced tea is great. Birch syrup is a great addition to nearly any recipe; and, cocktails can be a lot of fun for those of who partake.
In order to create the ultimate refreshment, we endeavored to combine the aforementioned three into a single, timeless cocktail. Feel free to serve without the gin to create an alcohol-free version.
By combining the light and unmistakable flavors of birch with a homemade iced tea and just a touch of gin, it’s a cocktail that’s great at the end of a hot summer’s day or to relax next to the fire on a dark evening in December.
One drink, any occasion.
- 1oz Escuminac Birch Syrup
- 1,5oz lemon juice
- 1,5oz home-made iced tea
- 2oz dry gin
- Fresh mint, slice of lemon, slice of lime
- Add the birch syrup, gin, freshly squeezed lemon juice and iced tea to the shaker.
- Shake briskly for 15 seconds without ice. Fill the shaker with ice and shake briskly again.
- Pour the mixture and ice into a tumbler.
- Chop the mint leaves.
- Scatter the mint on the glass and garnish with the lemon/lime slices. Serve.