Treat Mom to a special breakfast treat this weekend for Mother's Day. Whipping up these Canadian Butter Tarts will be a sweet surprise and show her just how much you love her.
The butter tart is a Canadian staple, a rich and super sweet dessert. There are, of course, many variations of the butter tart and quite a few variables that can go into making them. We love making our tarts with Escuminac Maple Syrup for that extra sweetness and flavour.
Pamper and impress Mom this Mother's Day with breakfast in bed with this decedent treat.
- 1 Pack Pillsbury Pie Crust
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted butter Soften
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Escuminac Maple Syrup
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Crushed Pecans and Walnuts Mixed
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar then add the eggs one at a time.
- Once all combined, add in the maple syrup, salt, and vanilla extract. This will expand and get a little foamy.
- Prepare your pie crusts into greased muffin tins. Pour in batter 3/4 of the way and place in the oven.
- After 10 minutes, take out of the oven and sprinkle a bit of the walnuts and pecans.
- Place back in the oven for the remaining bake time.
- Let the tarts cool then enjoy and serve!