Maple Pecan French Toast Casserole
Easter Sunday is always packed with family traditions and usually a large family dinner. When you're considering the menu for your Easter Brunch before the Easter egg hunt with the children or before church services, consider this delicious Maple Pecan French Toast Casserole with Escuminac Great Harvest Maple Syrup. This is guaranteed to please everyone in the family with these maple soaked croissant pieces.
- 5 eggs
- 6 Large Croissants
- 1 cup of Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/3 cup of Escuminac Great Harvest Maple Syrup
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 th teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1 cup of pecans halves
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease a 2 quart baking dish and set aside. Cut croissants into smaller pieces and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs together, add in milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg until well combined.
- Next add in croissants and mix until bread is well covered. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Pour soaked croissant pieces into greased baking dish. Top with pecans and bake for 35- 40 minutes. If the bread starts to brown too much, you can loosely cover it with foil.
- Top with maple syrup and powdered sugar. Serve warm.
- If you can't find the large croissants I would use 8-10 of the smaller ones.
Wishing you and your families a lovely holiday weekend with lots of sweet treats to be enjoyed.